Monday, August 4, 2008

Finished House pictures!

Well, our computer officially crashed and died last week so I haven't put up any pictures lately because of that. After Nate and I got back from Guatemala, we were able to finish up most of the big projects in the house, specifically the kitchen. It's definitely not easy living without one, that's for sure so I'm so glad it's finished! To the left is the before picture...ugly linoleum and one cabinet!





Here's the "after" picture....Nate and his dad did a great job tiling the floor, we put in new cabinets and appliances, and granite countertops. There are still a few things such as cabinet hardware and all the trim work that needs to be finished but I'm just happy that I can cook now!









Here's another angle I took of the kitchen before, prior to knocking out the wall for the breakfast bar/counter space (whatever you want to call it!)
















Here it is after renovations! Quite a bit different with the wall gone, and it makes the kitchen seem much bigger.
















Now while most people don't get excited about a hallway, this is the room/area of the house that gave me the most trouble. So I'm pretty happy with the results! LOTS of wallpaper scraping, pulling up that hideous carpet and then removing all those nails and staples from the floor....we also put in a light so you can actually see when you walk in the door!

Here's the after picture....luckily the wood floor was in great shape under all that carpet





The guest room "before"....pretty boring with the white paint on the wall and dark curtains.









So now it's ready for anyone who wants to come stay with us! Nate's mom made this quilt as a wedding gift to us...it went perfectly in this room!


3 comments:

KARRIE said...

Al, I love that you guys have a blog, now I can keep up with YOU better! And your house is absolutely lovely, you guys have done an amazing job with it! My favorite part is the stairwell :)

Aaron Johnston said...

Great job guys can't wait to see it in real life!!!!!

Casey said...

I CANT WAIT to see everything in person, especially the guest bedroom!! I think the kitchen is my favorite. Ya'll did such a good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...