Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

The week of Thanksgiving was great this year...mostly because we got to see so many of our friends and family. First, Mary and Erin stopped by Wed. night...Mary and Michael were in from a long drive from Indy so we were glad they decided to make the detour to our house despite being tired. I love any chance I get to see Noah who grows so fast....here's Erin and Mary and Noah who looks a little bewildered at all these girls fawning over him!
Thanksgiving day we all headed to my parents' house where my mom had about 15 of us over for dinner. We got to see some family from California we haven't seen in years. Here's my mom and my sisters. Another highlight of the day was...
The plane ride my cousin Brian took us on! He flew his family down from Bowling Green and then took us up just to see the city. Brian is so much fun that it totally fits his personality that he'd buy a plane! Everyone rode in shifts because it only seats four. He took Nate, me and my mom up right at sunset and we had some pretty great views and a perfectly smooth ride.
The next day Nate's family drove down from Ohio and we had another "dinner" on Friday and then headed over to Frankfort Avenue where all the shops were open. Kelsey and I weren't sure about these "hand" seats outside an artsy gift shop...pretty uncomfortable and a little weird if you think about it!
Kelsey, Nate, and his mom....Nate probably has that look on his face because shopping isn't exactly high on his list of fun activities but he stuck it out for us!
Nate's mom and grandma
And the "kids" as Nate's mom still calls us! Nate, me, Kelsey and Joe (plus Sadie)....Kelsey and Joe stayed the weekend with us. We crammed a lot of KY activities into Saturday including...
Churchill Downs! It was such a pretty day outside that we had to watch the horses race. So all in all, it was a very busy but very fun long weekend. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...