Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Charleston/Isle of Palms Vacation!

This past week I got to spend time at the beach with 3 of my favorite girls...Erin, Amanda, Mary and I decided that instead of attending our 10-year reunion, we should just head to Charleston, SC instead for a reunion of our own! Even though we do see each other multiple times throughout the year, we haven't had a lot of time to catch up on each others' lives. A beach vacation was just what we needed!

Me, Mary, Amanda and Erin enjoying dinner outside. We had great weather too and I can't for the life of me remember the name of this restaurant but I do know it was excellent!

Our condo was on the beach on Isle of Palms....right outside Charleston so it was in pretty much the perfect location. Nate and I have been here and to Folly Beach numerous times in college since it was only 5 hours from east TN. Charleston is such a beautiful and historic southern town that I never get tired of visiting!Erin and I getting some ice-cream on our way to the beach...we look a little twin-ish here!
This is how we spent the morning and afternoons...so relaxing! Isn't Mary the cutest pregnant girl ever? She's due in January so we spent some time brainstorming names of course!
And of course no trip to the beach would be complete without playing in the waves, which we did a lot...that's Erin by the way who will probably not be happy about me putting this picture up but I think it's cute!
Amanda and I at Hyman's Seafood...if you've ever been to Charleston, you probably ate here or at least passed it by and saw the crazy long lines to get in. Mary's husband's cousin Travis (did you follow that?) is the head manager here and got us in with no wait and gave a great table too!
Walking around the city at night
We didn't stay in this place, but found a beautiful little bed and breakfast that had a great spot to take a photo...I guess no one cared that we made ourselves at home!


Saturday afternoon in Charleston before our flight out:(
One final picture of us in front of the fountain at Hotel Charleston. I am so thankful for this time I got to spend with these girls...we have all pretty much been close friends since, oh, 7th grade? (Except for the obviousness of how Erin and I have been bff's since the womb!) Crazy when I think about it...we have lots of memories that go way back and we spend a lot of time reminiscing and catching up on the present as well. I love how we can pick up wherever we left off and just take it from there. If there's anyone who I feel knows me well, it's these girls and I love how we can all just be ourselves around each other...isn't that what true friends should expect? I feel blessed that they are a part of my life!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oooooh...I am so jealous! I have got to make a trek back out to Charleston soon...I miss it. Glad you had a fun trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...