Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lots of updates!

It's been awhile since I've updated...our computer was out of commission for awhile because we were doing some rearranging...the upstairs guest room/office has officially been turned into a baby's room!
The classic "dad sets up the crib" picture of course!
Now we just need a baby to put in that crib!
Some of Nate's favorite birds...trying to keep the decor simple!Most of this furniture (except the crib) was in one of our rooms (my sisters) growing up...Some of it definitely needs repainting, fixing but I kind of like the "broken-in" look it has:)
Moving along...I had another shower last weekend...This time I got to share it with my little sister though! Laura is getting married May 16th and since I'm due shortly after, my mom and her friends had one for both of us. I really can't believe how generous people have been to Nate and me. This is our 4th shower (crazy!) and we've gotten every single item we've needed. I was kind of wondering how we were going to afford half the stuff babies need but people sure have taken care of us!
Some of my aunts and cousins, eating on the deck.
My mom and my aunt Betsy...so cute!
And the cakes that Gail and Vicky made (two of the hostesses). Laura got the "bride" of course and I got the baby cake. We laughed about cutting into the dress of that cake because that meant disrobing her! Hilarious...when we were growing up, Gail would always make us girls barbie cakes in the same way for our birthdays!
Opening gifts...I have to say, I was really glad to share the spotlight with Laura! It has been such a fun year so far planning both hers and Erin's wedding and then of course getting ready for our little guy. My mom has been a trooper too, turning her house into wedding/baby central. I don't know how any of us could do all of this without her!

In other "pregnancy" news, I found out last week that I may have to be induced a week early, due to low amniotic fluid (in case anyone wants the lovely details). At first, I was kind of bummed, thinking that I wasn't going to have the whole typical labor/birth/going to the hospital crazy experience but now I'm okay with it. For one, can I just say that I'm tired of being pregnant? I know that sounds awful to complain, but really...there's only so long a girl can deal with all of it!

Before I forget all of this, here's some things I DO like about being pregnant:
1. Feeling him kick and move...so cool!
2. Feeling connected to my friends who have had babies and anyone who is a mom/is or has raised children...I've had so many good conversations about pregnancy, raising kids, etc. and it's just a whole other side of life that I've never experienced.
3. Having 9 months to get excited about meeting him! Every day brings us a little closer!

But let's be honest...there's some things that are NOT so great:
1. I feel heavy...like in my midsection...hmmm, wonder why? It gets old. I want to feel light again!
2. Feeling out of breath these last few weeks as he crowds up into my lungs and stomach, which I'm pretty sure have been pushed up into my esophagus by now! I miss breathing deeply!
3. Kind of related but....I miss running! While I've done a few light/short jogs here and there lately, it's almost more trouble than it's worth. For one, I haven't found pregnant running shirts which I clearly need at this point. Wearing Nate's T-shirts makes me look ridiculous so I try to run before the light of day when no one can see me! Plus, the breathing issue...I feel like an emphysema patient! And that extra blood volume is sure making working out tiresome. I can't wait to get out and run again (this time with Drew!)
4. Sleeping on my back...enough said.
5. Coffee...a glass of wine now and then...is that too much to ask?

Well now that I've gotten that off my chest, let me just say that Nate and I are SO excited to meet our son. It still feels kind of unreal! We only have about 3 more weeks to go and I just can't wait!

Meanwhile, here's some pictures of what might be in our future...
Gracie (Molly and Zach's little girl) and Hannah (Annie and Eli's daughter) playing in Drew's room on Derby. We had some friends over for a cookout and clearly the times have changed!
That big flower on her head cracks me up! It's her equivalent of a Derby hat of course!
Hmmm...I think Drew will have his pick of the ladies:)
Katie, Megan and Molly
The boys were brave and grilled in the rain
All the girls eating and feeding the babies...as I said, times have changed!
Annie, Hannah and me
Zach playing with Gracie...so cute! She was giggling so much here.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I always love your updates! The nursery looks absolutely great! Whose bassinet is that? I think Matt's parents still have his and we'll use it if a baby ever comes about. I can tell you are super ready so I will say a prayer right now that "God will take care of you and your body regardless how little D is birthed". Love you--amanda

KARRIE said...

I agree with Amanda, I love reading your updates. Love the nursery, Al. My favorite part is the bird paintings, beautiful! I am so excited for you to be a Mom, you and Nate will be so, so great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...