Monday, July 19, 2010

This weekend...

Steven and Lindsey came up from Lexington to meet Drew. Steven had stopped  by right after he was born but Lindsey hadn't seen him yet. We started off with pizza at Boombozz Taproom...SO good!
Drew was pretty good the whole time...he woke up right after this and just took in the scenery.
This is the only picture I got of Steven and Nate...Nate was probably distracted by our very "perky" server who liked to talk:)
 And Lindsey and me...
Then Sunday night our friend Steph got a bunch of us tickets to the Louisville Bats game where she had the YUM suite (kind of like she did at Churchill Downs)...Steph is definitely the person to know and she's such a good social coordinator!
Drew had the time of his life at his first baseball game...sleeping!
The view from Nate's lap

And in other news...look who's finally big enough for his cloth diapers! This may only be exciting news for me but I've been waiting forever to use these:

These are Bum Genius 3.0 (don't you love the crazy cloth diaper names) and so far so good! I know when we told people we were going to use cloth diapers they might have thought we were crazy. However, my friend Annie is who convinced me to use them. Nate and I decided to go with cloth diapers to save money and of course to be a little easier on the environment. I got 24 total diapers (enough for 2 to 2 1/2 days worth) and when I change him, instead of throwing it away like disposable, I just put it in a wetbag (I use the one found here), empty the bag into the washing machine to clean them. It really isn't gross at all--I promise! Now when he gets on solid foods, that may be a different story. I know a few of my friends had sort of looked into cloth diapers so I wanted to give the Bum Genius ones a thumbs up...they adjust to fit small, medium and large (via snaps) and have a super-soft cloth insert which is (I think) way more comfortable on his little bum:)  So I spent about $300 on all of them (which, let's face it, you spend WAY more than that on disposables in a few months!) and am committed now! So far no leaks or anything.
And just for good measure...one more picture of the little guy:

2 comments:

Casey said...

Alison, thanks for the recipes and pictures. Also, way to go with the cloth diapers! You WILL save money - thousands!! Sadly, we know this from experience... Way to go!

Becky said...

CUTE!!! I'm glad Lindsey finally got to see Drew! He is growing fast! Yeah for cloth! Enjoy your jam and pesto!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...