Wednesday, February 2, 2011

8 Months Old

I didn't get a chance to do a 7 month post in all the chaos of December but here are the details of Andrew at 8 months, facts which will likely only be of interest to me and Nate (and maybe a few grandparents:)  My friend Casey took some of these pictures (like the one above) this weekend so she gets the credit for the good ones!
At 8 months, Drew is sitting up on his own and loves checking out the world.
 However, we still do baths in the sink because even though he sits fine, he likes to throw himself backwards or forwards without a worry in the world about hitting his little head. I have visions of that sweet head hitting the porcelain bathtub so we are sticking to the sink for now.  I knew that an under-mount sink would come in handy for more than just letting the dishes pile up!
And he is definitely starting to crawl or at least figure it out. He's done a few little forward crawling motions but not enough to make me childproof the house just yet (but I have a feeling I'd better get on that one!)
He still loves to be outside and hang out in the backpack on his dad's shoulders.
As far as eating goes, he is a pretty good eater. He eats solid foods 3 times a day, mostly fruits, veggies and yogurt and oatmeal. I've tried to give him smallish chunks of green beans or peas but he usually spits them out with a horrified look on his face so we'll try again later.
Other details:
  • Sleeps 7:30 to 7:30 (He's done really well with sleeping  through the night the past couple months...yay!)
  • Naps for an hour in the morning and about an hour and a half in the afternoon
  • He's getting really good about "playing" independently in his pack 'n play if I put some toys in there.
  • His favorite thing is still to just watch people or Sadie, who just by walking into the room can provide great entertainment.
  • Lately, he's been growling like a bear which is pretty funny. He also likes to mimic Nate or me...If I go "la la la" or something he repeats!
  • He waves hello to the dog or to himself in the mirror and sometimes to us.
  • He says "d-d-d" when Sadie comes in the room (knows what "doggie" is)
  • Says "mama" and "dada" but not always referring to me and Nate (but sometimes!)
  • He's cut his first tooth that we noticed barely peeking out of his bottom gum yesterday.
  • Overall, this is such a fun stage (I think I say that about all of the stages so far) and even though he is keeping me on my toes (he's quite active!) I am loving it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...