Monday, July 11, 2011

What a fun Weekend!

What a busy weekend it's been but so much fun. Erin and Mark came up from Nashville so Mark could do the trial "run" of the Louisville Ironman that he'll be doing in August. Since I knew they'd be in town, Erin, Laura and I plotted and planned a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom.
We gathered friends and family at our house and I told my mom to come over to cook out Saturday night. She kept trying to come over early so I sent her to the store to pick up some milk for Andrew to stall her a bit.
See? She's even got that grocery bag in her hand as she walked in to a houseful of people!
 Vicky, Gail and me lighting 60 candles on  her cakes (make that 59...my mom removed one as she wasn't technically 60 yet and felt we were pushing her into the next decade a bit too soon)
Holding their boys
 Granna, can I please play with that crazy birthday hat?
 
 Me, my mom and Laura with our Aunt Shara and Uncle Kenny
 Porch dining!
 
The brothers-in-law on the patio. Thanks Josh and Nate for grilling 30 burgers!
Drew was attached to her all night! 
So even though my mom's 60th isn't for another week, we had a great time with everyone celebrating early. Happy early birthday Mom!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...