Sunday, October 12, 2008

October so far...in pictures

It's been awhile since I've posted. Life has been busy in a good way though. So here's a quick summary in pictures of October so far...
Last weekend (the first weekend in Oct.) we met Nate's family at Greenbo Lake State Park...Nate's parents were kind enough to get us some rooms at the lodge there and we pretty much had the most relaxing weekend ever. The weather was the perfect fall temperature and it was just fun to get to spend time with them since we don't see them nearly enough.
We all got up early (but not too early) to fish...didn't catch anything, but it was still relaxing to sit by the lake. It was so beautiful in the early morning (and a bit chilly!).

On the way home, we stopped by Quincy, KY to see where Nate's dad had his first job as a minister (his parents lived there for a few years before they had Nate). So we stopped by the house of their friends who live right on the Ohio River and finally got a picture of all of us.


Saturday we all went hiking and then we grilled out and ate outside by the lake that evening.

Nate and his dad out early fishing....

Moving on to this past weekend....Old Crow was in concert at The Palace in downtown Louisville. This has been one of my and Nate's favorite bands since right after we graduated college. They gave the best show and had everyone in the theatre dancing (some a bit too much but that's another story...) Before the concert, we went to Oktoberfest with Lindsey and Steven and Katie and Aaron, college friends (didn't get any pictures there but if you can, try to visualize grown men in knee socks playing the accordian and you'll see the "Polka Dots" polka band in your mind...interesting! I suppose there's a reason that German polka music isn't all that popular). Here's me and Katie at the concert.
Here's Old Crow (the best I could do from our balcony seat).

Kind of a random picture but my friend Annie (who I teach with) got a puppy and I got to puppysit (if you know me then you know how crazy I get over puppies...it's a little absurd really!). So "Millie" came over to play with Sadie and she was the size of her head! So tiny! They ran circles around the house and entertained one another all night.
Sunday (today I guess) I met the girls for lunch b/c Tisha was in town for their CAL 10 year reunion. From left to right: Rachel, me, Tish, Annie (holding Brooks) and Jessica.

And last but not least, a picture from the concert I went to the other weekend...the Avett Brothers! Here's Steph, me and Julie a bit worn out I think from the craziness because those guys put on a crazy show...So much fun though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me and Josh went camping at Greenbo lake last fall! I recognize the little dock. It's so beautiful there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...