Monday, September 22, 2008

Rhythm and Roots in TN!

Nate and I headed to TN this weekend to meet up with a bunch of our friends from college and to go to the Rhythm and Roots Music festival in Bristol. It was such a fun weekend and I'm sad it's over!
This picture sums up TN for me...some of the best hiking around!
So the hike to Cornelius Rex (Roan Mountain) is one of my favorites. The view from the top is beautiful!

Nate, Aaron and Elijah after making it to the top.
Some of my favorite people: Becky, Aaron, Elijah and Nate at the festival.

The girls minus Gina and Casey who stayed back to watch Lily, Casey's daughter. Here's Becky, Jess, me and Lindsey.
And the boys...I love this picture of all of them. For once, no one is doing anything remotely stupid or inappropriate. A miracle. Wait...I just noticed Chris's face. I take it back...

Some great bluegrass at the festival...too many bands to see at once! Some of the ones we did make it to were Robinella, Everybody Fields, Darryl Scott, Doc Watson, and Scott Miller.

Casey, me, Becky, and Jess on our hike to Laural Falls. The guys took the cars off-roading somewhere and we opted for a much better way to spend a few hours. This picture took a few tries as I had it on the timer and fell nearly every time I ran back to get into it!

And as if the weekend wasn't good enough I got to see this precious child who belongs to Casey and Jeremy. Lily is perhaps one of the cutest children ever! She handled the endless stream of people coming in and out of their place well and seemed to love being passed around. Casey and Jeremy housed all of us this weekend and were the best hosts ever. It was so much fun being around all of our friends that we go way back with. Makes me sad they don't all live closer...Maybe someday!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Alison - you took some great pictures!! Good job documenting the weekend! We miss you guys so much already. I am having serious withdrawel....

Becky said...

thanks for your photo documentation of the weekend. we will have to get some of those from you! it was an amazing weekend. hope we get to do it more often soon!
Peace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...