Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

I took this picture of our church this morning because I think that Easter Sunday may be one of my favorite days in church. Our church follows the traditional Christian calendar, honoring the Lenten season, Palm Sunday and of course today, Easter. It was such a beautiful service and a beautiful day outside so I couldn't resist taking a picture. I love, love, love singing old hymns, every single verse....my favorite was "Christ our Lord is Risen Today" with the choir and all the voices together echoing off the height of the chapel. Just such a wonderful reminder of hope.
We had Easter brunch at my parents house...I can't believe I only took a total of 2 pictures there! This one is the table, all set and ready, just to document my mom's hard work in feeding all of us. Plus, if you look closely, there is bread in the shape of a bunny. Nate accidentally ate the tail during dinner, not knowing that it was more of a decoration!
Erin and Mark came into town this weekend...here they are with Marcia, my mom's best friend and pretty much an unofficial member of our family, seeing as she's been there since all 3 of us were born!
Saturday night Nate and I headed to Slugger Field for a Bats game...to celebrate Justin's 30th birthday. Steph is so good with planning stuff like this...she got a suite at the game and had food, drinks and cake for everyone. After watching (or really not watching since baseball bores me to tears) the game in a boxed suite I think we all got spoiled!
Some of the girls who were there...Molly, Steph, Brooke, and me.
Such a gorgeous evening and an awesome view of the field...at least the boys partook in the game watching!
Shielding their eyes from the sun!

Steph, me and Molly enjoying the sun right before it went away:(

3 comments:

Annie Brainard said...

First of all, I'm so proud of you for posting.

Secondly, your photo made me think of our wedding. It was a beautiful place for the ceremony!

Casey said...

Your church looks beautiful. Please take me sometime!

Zach and Molly said...

I am choosing to believe that the reason that I look fat and pale in those pictures is because of the lighting.
OK?
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...