Sunday, October 3, 2010

4 Months Old

 
 This post is a week late but we just had Drew's 4 month doctor's appointment Friday so I've got his stats. Most of this is just for my own memory and won't be very interesting except to us! Here goes:

Height: 26 inches long
Weight: 14 lbs, 8 oz
  • Everything looked good at his checkup...he's healthy and doing well!
  • Drew is eating every 3.5 to 4 hours (still a pretty good schedule for me and him!)
  • He takes a one hour nap in the morning, a two hour nap in the afternoon and a short little 30 minute nap in the evening.
  • Bedtime is 7:30 and lately he's been sleeping through the night without eating till 7:30 again! He is still figuring out how to soothe himself back to sleep and wakes up once or twice now and again during the night but usually it just takes a little pat from me or Nate and he is back asleep. So basically everyone in our house is happier now that he's sleeping well, and by that I mean Drew is too. He's in such a better mood when he's gotten a good night of sleep! 
  • Do I write about his sleep habits too much on here? It sure feels like it but until you've had a baby you never know how much you will think about, worry about and obsess about their sleeping! Just no way around it:)
  • He is way more active lately, trying to sit up and put weight on his feet like he just wants to walk or stand. He's rolling over from back to front and sometimes front to back but still prefers to NOT be on his stomach. 
  • He still seems to love being outside and will calm down just as soon as we go out. Nate and I will walk or go running with him almost every day and I'm still worried about what's going to happen when the dreaded winter season arrives...
  • He's awake so much more now and that makes it easier to run errands, go to the grocery, etc. He loves to just look around and check out the scenery and smiles at pretty much everyone he encounters.
 My friend Annie gave me her son's old exer-saucer and I think we've got a winner as far as toys go! He loves it because it lets him sit up and sort of "stand" if he wants to. We've got an active one on our hands, that's for sure!
But when toys aren't around, toes will do anytime!
I know I've said it before but it is amazing how fast 4 months can go by and how fast he has grown. Nate and I are having so much fun with him at this stage and loving (almost:) every minute of being parents. It is a challenge, to be sure, but also such an amazing experience too. We feel blessed!

1 comment:

Steven said...

i just noticed that nate and drew have the same hairlines in that last pic:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...