Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life lately...

It's been awhile since I posted but I have a few pictures I wanted to document before I forget the last couple weeks. We went on vacation to South Carolina and on our way back, stayed with some friends in east Tennessee. We decided to stop by Milligan and snap a quick picture. Milligan has so many memories for me and Nate, of course, and it was such a beautiful evening. You can sort of see Buffalo Mountain in the background where we've hiked so many times. Hopefully, when Drew is a bit older, he'll be hiking there with us again.
Some friends were in town at Jeremy and Casey's house, where we stayed. Drew got to meet Becky for the first time...
...and Elijah (one of our neighbors from when we lived in TN) got to meet him too!
Just hanging out at the Walkers' house...Lily seemed to like "baby Drew" as she called him.
Meanwhile...we've been pretty low key since vacation.
We've gone to the park a few times...
...where Drew got to swing with his friend Isaiah. It just took a little arranging and these guys were happy as could be for a good 45 minutes!
Meanwhile, fall has arrived in Louisville which means cool weather, mums and our fall vegetables (in the background). This year we've got lots of good salad ingredients: arugula, carrots, kale, spinach and squash.
As I said, the weather has cooled off a lot, so we bundled up in our best bear hat...
And took a stroll on Frankfort Avenue...
Drew and I also made a quick visit to Nashville this week to see Aunt Erin who would have gladly shared her dinner if he was able to eat it!
We went on a run through the park and Erin offered to push the stroller, which I was fine with:) It's amazing how much faster you can run not pushing that up a hill!
Dilemma: How can you try on clothes while shopping with a baby asleep on your chest?
Solution: Grab whatever you like off the rack and make your twin sister try it on for you! I think that's the best of both worlds since trying on clothes is the worst part of shopping in my opinion. And Drew peacefully slept through both the Old Navy and Target trips:)
A quick family picture my parents took...they came over to babysit on Saturday so Nate and I could go out to dinner. Have I mentioned how great it is to have grandparents near by? Now if we could just convince Nate's parents to move here...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...