Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day at Bernheim Forest

I've never gotten professional pictures taken of Andrew...just couldn't stomach paying that much money. This is probably why whenever we venture out of the house on a pretty day I turn it into a photo-op of the little guy.  He's been photographed for free approximately 6,000 times by me and Nate with our  not-so-great little 6 year old digital camera. If I had it my way, I'd own one of these and take approximately 6,000 more pictures of him but for now, we'll have to make due with what we have. So Monday,  Nate was off work (yay!) and we ventured over to Bernheim Forest and Arboretum just outside Louisville. Let me say that if you live in the area, you must go see Bernheim in all it's autumn glory...beautiful! It has miles of hiking trails (paved and rugged), bike paths, and picnic spots, plus an amazing visitor center that has been recognized for its green design.
We started with a picnic under the trees.
Then we found some great walking trails through the trees so we could check out the fall colors.
...and someone enjoyed the view from the stroller.
But then he needed to get out and stretch his legs...check out the chub on this little guy! I can hardly stand it!
Happy baby!
Trying to grab the camera from me...(he pretty much tries to grab anything and everything these days)
Sitting in the grass
One of his new favorite things to do is be lifted up and down in the air, like an airplane; however, this activity sometimes has consequences. Right after I took this picture, Nate got hit with a huge amount of drool, right on his chin!
One more...just cause he's cute!

2 comments:

Megan LeMaster said...

Alison, I didn't know you had a blog but it makes perfect sense that you do. Drew keeps getting cuter and cuter!!

Erin Miller said...

I miss Drew! He changes every week it seems. Come visit Nashville again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...