Sunday, May 17, 2009

baby shower+birthday+supper club=lots of pictures!

I had another baby shower shower at my house Tuesday night for Annie (hmmm..guess which one she is in this picture). Annie is due the same day Tisha is, both with girls:)I'll start with this picture above of some of my favorite girls I teach with...Emily, Heather, Annie, Lora and me.
Dana, Noel, and Emily hanging out on the porch.
Annie opening gifts for Hannah (at least that's her name so far I think!)
Heather, Annie and Cindy...I am so blessed to work with some really supportive people. I really don't know how I would do it without them all! Annie's shower was a great excuse for us all to get together OUTSIDE of school:)
Gina, me and Katie have formed our unofficial "supper club" as Katie deemed it. It pretty much consists of dinner once a week at one of our houses. Gina cooked last week and this week Katie did shrimp and asparagus...
...which, being the nerd I am, I took a picture of! It was SO delicious too. Besides my obvious love for food, I love just having two friends whom I can pretty much share anything with. We never run out of anything to talk about! I am realizing the older I get how important it is to have good friendships (besides just a group). It was so easy to take that for granted all through high school and college, so I am happy to have maintained their friendships these past few years.
Friday night Nate and I headed up to northern KY for his grandmother's 80th birthday. I realized that we haven't seen Nate's parents since Christmas which is just way too long! I know some people might get stressed about time with their in-laws but just the opposite is true for me: I love Nate's parents and feel like one of their kids too!
Nate and his mom before lunch...
Nate holding his cousin, Gage...so cute!
Group shot of Nate's family on his dad's side, thanks to a very patient server who served as the photographer also!
Late night entertainment...and this was Nate's dad's doing! I see where Nate gets it...
Sunday morning before church: Nate's mom, grandma and his dad. Nate's dad (who is a minister at their church in OH) preached at the service. It was a surprise for Nate's grandma, and also fun because that is the church he grew up in.
All of us...only two missing are Joe and Kelsey who couldn't make it up this weekend. I hate saying good-bye, but it helps if you know you'll be seeing everyone again soon, which we will when we head up to Ohio in a few weeks. Can't wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...