Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's summertime!

Well, not quite summer yet as I still have a few days of school left but it's almost here. I think I can make it...maybe! But since we've pretty much been living outside lately, I'm calling it summer. First, Stephanie got us all the YUM suite at Churchill Downs...she's got the connections, that's for sure! Nate and I needed a picture by the twin spires of course...
Megan, Molly and me watching the races up high!
The girls look so nice...and then there's Zach... Gotta love him!
Tom and Nate enjoying the comfy couch...apparantly tired after all that betting!
The awesome view of the track...and the horse we bet on waaaay in the back:(

I snuck a picture of Julie and Matt...they're getting hitched in September. So cute!
We took the canoe out to the lake on Saturday...such a beautiful day!
Nate doing some fishing...what he does best at the lake!
And an official sign that summer is near is my hydrangeas are in bloom, which makes me happy:)
We've been working hard on the garden this year...Nate keeps expanding it but we're growing pretty much any vegetable you can think of, plus blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
Our "salad garden" which is ready finally...Goal this summer: live off of what we grow here!
My potted plants: impatiens and petunias
I think I've taken way too many pictures of my flowers...partially so I can remember what I planted where for next year. I am a nerd...my flowers make me happy:)

1 comment:

Casey said...

Alison, both your gardens look GREAT! I guess we are both nerds, I love taking pictures of my flowers too!!

Sounds like summer is off to a fun start.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...