Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mini-Marathon weekend

A little late on this one but the race weekend was a success! It was so much fun to get together with old friends and have a house full of people. I posted way too many pictures but there were just a lot of good moments captured...starting with the picture above taken by Aaron at the start of the race. Can you see us way back there somewhere in the crowd?
Before the race: Becky, me and Nate ready to run! Aaron (Becky's husband) came with us early in the morning and then photographed for us along the way...he got some really good photos!
The girls before the running started (hence the non-sweaty, non red-faced look)
We look happy to be finished! Becky was a champ and ran the full marathon! It was SO hot (85 degrees by the time we were a few miles into it!) so the heat was kind of tough but it was a beautiful day otherwise. I could tell that I'd not trained in the heat yet this year and it messed up my time goal a little bit...but it was still fun to just run with everyone. There's around 14,000 people who participated and so many people came out to cheer everyone on...so fun!
After we are finished...Nate, me, Becky, Gina and Tom...Casey is missing from this one:(
Picking up our race packets and T-shirts on Friday
Precious Lily...
The boys hanging out after the run (Becky and I took a nap at this point I believe)...Jeremy and Steven made it up to see everyone too.
Relaxing in the sun...such a beautiful day!
Becky and Lily
Grilling out the night before the race...Gina, Aaron, Molly and Zach
Uncle Tom! I don't want to be held! At least that's what it appears is going through her mind...by the end of the weekend she did give him a hug though, which made Tom's day:)
Laughing about something...
Hanging out on the porch steps
Danny and Aaron in serious conversation mode...
Grilling out after the race...
Lily and Aaron, saying good-bye to Casey and Jeremy:(

2 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe I haven't seen this yet! Thanks for posting and not going into what happened after our "naps!" I love that you take pictures and record our big events. I don't know what we'd do without you Alison!

Becky said...

p.s. who's up for next year?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...