Monday, August 2, 2010

Fun weekend!

 
Sunday was sunny and not too hot outside so we dropped Drew off at my parents' house (who I think were okay with watching him:) and then rode our bikes around Louisville, down on the bike path along the river. I haven't gotten to ride a bike in over a year so I was pretty glad we got to spend the day this way. Plus, it was good just to hang out with Nate, just the two of us.
View of the city (sort of) in the background, right on the river
We found a little fishing spot (unfortunately the fish we catch might have 3 eyes being from the Ohio River...)
And this lovely statue of Abe Lincoln provided a nice place to rest!
We stopped by the McAlpine lock on the river...Being a planner for the Army Corps, Nate was probably a bit more excited than I was to watch a barge go through but it was pretty cool  how it all works.
 We also had some visitors this weekend...Nate's grandma came up to see Drew again. It's been about a month and a half since she last saw him and I think he was quite happy to see her too!
Nate's uncle Larry and his family came as well.
Nate's cousin Erin is already a pro at holding baby boys as she has 3 little boy nephews under the age of 5!

And finally....(drum-roll please)...

Guess who slept through the night for the first time last night? Guess who didn't...That's right, I woke up at 3, 4, and 5 wondering when he was going to wake up to eat and didn't even need to worry about it apparently! Now I just hope I haven't jinxed it...here's to hoping for a good night for both of us tonight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...