Friday, August 27, 2010

3 Months Old

Happy 3-month birthday to Drew! This is the only time in his life he will probably be celebrated month-by-month  but you have to mark these milestones, you know? I can't believe how fast these last 3 months have gone by! He is such a good, sweet baby and now I know what people mean when they say stuff about your kids bringing joy to your life and all that...he has brought such joy to me and Nate and we couldn't love anything more! He even celebrated the ripe old age he is by sleeping through the night...woo hoo! He does that occasionally but only when he feels like it:) Despite some crazy and downright chaotic moments in being parents, I have so loved these last 3 months.

And, just for my own memory, a few of the details before I forget this stage:
  • Drew weighs just about 13 pounds (this is my rough estimate after a bad attempt at weighing  him on our scale so this is my best guess!)
  • He's holding his head up well on his own now...the "bobblehead" effect happens once in awhile but for the most part he's got a pretty strong neck.
  • He has almost rolled over several times but since he simply despises being on his stomach this is a hard skill for him to master...he gets SO angry when he's on his stomach and Nate and I try not to laugh at the poor little guy doing his best to roll over but not quite getting there yet!
  • He eats every 3 to 3.5 hours which is a nice routine for me too...I remember those first few weeks when he ate every 2.5 hours and I wondered if I'd ever have a life again!
  • He takes 3 longish naps each day (1-2 hours in length) in the morning, early afternoon and late afternoon and then a short one for about 30 minutes in the evening. Bedtime is usually 8:30ish and he will wake up once around 2 or 3 to eat and then sleep till 7:30. However, on a good night he'll sleep completely through the night. I still have not figured out the common denominator for what makes this occur!
  • He loves being outside, riding in the baby Bjorn carrier, taking baths, sitting in my or Nate's lap and checking out his surroundings, and when anyone holds him of course, especially his 2 grandma's, Omi and Granna :)
  • He hates being on his stomach and right when bath-time is over, being in the cold air...screams his head off every time until we put his pj's on him and he's warm again.
That's about all I can think of for now! Happy 3 month birthday baby!

1 comment:

Casey said...

OH MY GOSH!! I LOVE that first picture on this post! I can't wait to see Drew again, in a week! WOOHOO!! (oh yeah, and his parents too...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...