Monday, August 23, 2010

Lot's going on this week!

We finally got a break from the heat this week so we took advantage of that to spend some time outside. Wednesday, we went to the zoo with my friends Annie and Emily, who both taught with me in the English Department until the kiddos came along. Drew was a little more alert this time around but still took a good nap most of the time. It was fun catching up with these two and their sweet kids!
Annie and little Hannah checking out the animals.
Nate's mom (who is a saint) came again for a visit... She made that long drive to spend a couple of days with us and we tried to make the most of her time here. We promise that we will make the trip to Ohio next time, Dee Dee! As usual, she took good care of Drew and us too so that I could get some things done. I will officially be working Thursdays at school, doing some tutoring and reading strategies teaching, so she watched Drew while I went to "work" for the first time in awhile. My school is pretty awesome to let me work one day a week and be so flexible about it!
Before you think that we just love to torture this kid, this hat and booties were knitted for Nate by his Grandma when he was born...I can't believe Dee Dee saved them! She brought a bag of the cutest stuff that Nate wore when he was little. We did quite a few photo shoots...
...like this picture. Nate is wearing this outfit in his 3 month photographs and it was funny to compare:)  Drew's thinking, Who are these 2 crazy ladies dressing me in this getup???
Friday afternoon my mom and I drove to Lexington to see Aunt Laura...I think Drew enjoyed the visit! That little yellow T-shirt he's wearing also belonged to Nate when he was a few months old. I'm a sucker for vintage T-shirts for myself or my kid!
Laura and me at lunch...since we sat outside, Drew was pretty content the whole time and smiled at all the people around us.
He stayed awake most of the time but inevitably ended up like this...just too comfy in his Granna's arms!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...