Tuesday, April 26, 2011

For dinner tonight...


We had the yummiest and easiest dinner tonight of baked tilapia and sweet potato fries so I thought I'd share the recipe!

Up until a few months ago, just saying the word "fish" as far as dinner is concerned used to make me grossed out (I don't like fish normally) or panicked at the idea of cooking fish. However, I figured it was time to bit the bullet and learn how to cook it already.

So far, the best and easiest way is to make a quick marinade and bake it. So simple, so healthy, and so easy! Here is one of the best ones I've found and tweaked a bit. It works best with tilapia or flounder, neither of which taste too "fishy" to me:
  • 1 T honey                      
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp diced garlic
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp lime juice (optional)
Lay fish in a baking dish, pour marinade on top, let sit in refrigerator for about an hour. Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes. Easy!

As an easy side, I always make sweet potato fries. The worst part is the time consuming task of dicing them up. Do they make potato dicers? Surly in this day and age...So while I was dicing away, this is the scene that played out on the kitchen floor:

 Sadie and Drew are the best of friends and have been playing "fetch" or "catch" (not sure exactly) with this tennis ball I found under the couch (no telling how long it was there...guess I  need to vacuum under the couch more often!). He would throw her the ball and giggle hysterically while she chased it around the kitchen. Free entertainment!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...