Wednesday, April 13, 2011

T.S. Eliot once said...

...that April is the cruelest month (quote completely taken out of context and if you read the whole "Wasteland" poem it makes more sense of course...there goes that rambling English teacher in me!). But I have to disagree. Around here, things are looking up from winter:
 However, I did a double take when I saw this Sunday! Really?
And this was the scene in our backyard all weekend as Nate fought with this tree stump, and the stump almost won...
Who is this you ask? Why it is Mr. William Faulkner, one of my favorite southern writers. I got to substitute for a fellow English teacher this week and it was fun to teach Faulkner again, even if the juniors still don't appreciate the nuances of the southern gothic genre.
It was a looong day at school though, away from Drew, and I think my mom was a bit exhausted when I picked him up. Someone is a bundle of energy these days!
This boy moves fast and moves a lot...so today we met some friends at the park and I put him in the swing with his buddy Isaiah to  keep him moving and therefore happy.
They're learning to share their personal space quite nicely I think!

Isaiah, Drew and Elliot just hanging out in sunshine.

1 comment:

Lora Shields said...

I know that buddy of Drew's! What fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...