Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chainsaw anyone?


So Nate and I arrived home today to find half of Louisville blown away from the winds of Hurricane Ike! All over St. Matthews and Crescent Hill HUGE trees were down on the roads, on top of cars and through homes. I was thinking to myself, "Okay, I know we have a huge tree in our front yard...." and was worried about what we might find. Seriously. After all that work I would've been devastated to find our house split in two. Thank goodness this is all we found! Yes, a good fourth of our tree fell down (a branch actually) and it BARELY missed our house. Our driveway is now blocked and we have some power lines draped nicely in our front yard. The Louise the Lightening bug power lines song comes to mind (ya gotta play it safe around the power lines!) and if you grew up in Louisville you know you can hear it now! What happened to those LG&E commercials anyways? So now most of Louisville is without electricity and schools are all cancelled tomorrow (Yay!)....this is craziest storm without rain I've ever seen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...