Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day in Ohio

So we went to Ohio this past weekend to see Nate's family. We really don't get up there enough and it is always so much fun to see them....Nate's mom spoils us like we were in college again so that's pretty nice! The part of OH where Nate is from is close to Amish country and is beautiful. Luckily, we had great weather too (low 80's and sunny) So on Saturday we went to Lehman's (in Amish country), this awesome "general" store that has every kitchen, farming, gardening and home gadget you can imagine....Nate and I are gardening nerds so we loved it! And Nate has been searching forever for a hat to wear when he works in the garden (I kid you not...he has been looking all summer) and he found it here, as pictured to the left...

Here's me, Nate, DeeDee, and Kelsey all outside the store.











Later on, we got ice cream at this cute dessert place called "Milk and Honey." Unfortunately , I am a sugar addict so this was pretty much heaven for me!







The next day Nate, his dad, and I all went on a bike ride. OH has great bike trails that pass by some small towns and historic type things....Here's Nate and his dad.













Nate and me on the trail...











On the way home, we stopped by both "Grandma's" houses. Here's Nate with his grandma who lives in OH.


















And here's Nate with "Diddy" who lives in KY. It was so good to see them both if only for a short time. Sometimes I really wish that we could live closer to both our families, immediate and extended. I hate how everyone moves away, spreads out and hardly sees each other except at holidays (and Nate and I are guilty of this!)... I am so lucky to be by my parents in Louisville but I sure wish Nate's family was closer. I really do feel like his parents are second parents to me... They have always treated me like one of their own kids! I miss them when we leave:(

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...