Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas #1

This might have been the busiest week of Christmas ever. We fit in so many visits with family and friends that it is all starting to blur together! 

We woke up to a white Christmas morning...perfect!
Christmas Eve, my parents had me and my sisters and their husbands over for breakfast and to exchange gifts, a.k.a. Christmas celebration #1.
 Drew got to open a few gifts and naturally was more interested in trying to eat the wrapping paper. We tried to keep it pretty low key as far as the gift-giving went. He's too young to understand presents anyway but he got some fun new toys and clothes from all of our generous family!
Spending some quality time with Grandpop.
Erin hardly ever put him down! We still couldn't figure out if he sometimes thought she was me, being twins and all but he certainly didn't seem to mind when she held him.
Opening his first stocking from his grandparents.
Another favorite place to hang out...right on Granna's lap.
Laura and Josh opening gifts.
Laura and Drew...his other favorite aunt. I didn't get many pictures of Christmas Eve night but my parents always host an open house. Erin, Mark, Josh, Laura, Nate and I all went to the Christmas Eve service at church first and then to my parents' house. It was kind of a whirlwind night but so much fun.

Nate and I put Drew to bed and exchanged our gifts. We usually only do one gift each year and try to  keep it small. Nate got some Smartwool socks from me (don't judge the boring nature of socks...he wanted them to hike in!) and he gave me a Wendell Berry illustrated book, The Mad Farmer Poems. Wendell Berry is my favorite author as Nate well knows. He is a Kentucky poet and writer, and I could literally read his poetry all day. He was one of my favorites to teach my students also so I was pretty happy with my gift.


We got up Christmas morning and packed up the car to head to Ohio for a visit that was too short, a.k.a. Christmas #2!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...