Monday, December 6, 2010

St. Jude Half Marathon!

 This past weekend I went to Memphis with Erin to run in the St. Jude half marathon. We stayed with Erin's friend Kathy (far left) and her friend Beth (middle) joined us too. This was the first time I'd left Andrew overnight but he was in good hands! Nate's mom was kind enough to come down for the weekend and help Nate out with the baby-watching. Nate had a ton of prep work to do in the basement because we are getting it dry walled this weeks so he was able to focus on that while Dee Dee got to focus on her grandson!
The night before I left we gave him a bath in the kitchen sink. We are kind of in an "in between" stage with bathtubs. He is too big for his infant tub but our bathroom one kind of swallows him. For now, the sink works!
Beth, Erin and Kathy at dinner...Kathy and her husband were so kind and hospitable to us. They had the best pasta dinner for us the night before the race and her husband chauffeured us to the starting line and picked us up after the race was over. If you've ever done any sort of race, you know how crazy it is just to park and figure out where to go so it was great to have his help!
Kathy, Erin and me after the race. It was 65 degrees in Memphis and we were sweating by the end! Somehow on my drive home that 65 turned into 25 and sleet but the run itself was perfect weather. I did my best time ever at 1:48. Erin beat me by one minute but she's been doing that since we were born (3 minutes then!) It was such a fun weekend (besides my long drive!) to spend time with my sister and get to know Beth and Kathy.   It was also pretty nice to come home and get to see my little guy...
Here he is with his new favorite toy.
Tom stopped by for dinner and a visit too! 
Sunday afternoon we went to get our Christmas tree down on the riverfront. It was FREEZING! Needless to say, we picked out the tree as quickly as possible and only got a couple pictures.
Doesn't that little face just look cold? 

Tomorrow we head to the pediatrician for his 6  month checkup (about a week overdue) so I'll update with all of those stats soon. For now, we are hibernating inside by the Christmas tree and trying to stay warm! I'm such a wimp when it comes to cold weather!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...