Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some much needed friend time

A few days after Drew was born, my friend Mary from our Sunday school class brought dinner to our house. I'm sure that I had the I-just-had-a-baby-what-has-happened-to-my-life-oh-and-I-haven't-slept-in-days look. Mary has a 3 year old and had just had her second baby a couple months before Drew (and made it look so easy!) but she still found the time to bring us dinner. Since then, each Wednesday she has always organized a group of us girls to meet at the park, the library, or someone's house. It's a great setup: we get adult conversation and all the kids can play together! Spending time with these girls has truly been a blessing to me; honestly, sometimes I think, Oh, it's too much trouble to get everyone ready and out the door--I should be running errands or cleaning the house or being productive, etc. but on the days I'm able to go I am always glad I did.  I've enjoyed getting to know each of these women better each week!
All that to say, the week of Christmas, one of the girls, Emily, had us all over to her house to let the kids make cookies. Of course Drew was a bit young to participate this year but he got to play with Isaiah (Mary's little one) and I think he had fun.
I also got to spend time with some of my oldest friends this week as well. Mary, Amanda, Erin and I met for lunch at The Butterfly Garden Cafe, owned by our friend Emily from high school (second from right). If you live in Louisville and haven't eaten here, you need to go! First, it is in the most adorable old house and is beautiful inside (think old fireplaces, tall ceilings, etc.) and secondly, the food is nothing short of amazing. I'm not exaggerating when I say I ate probably the best salad I might have ever eaten here. It was great as always to spend time with some of my best friends and I haven't laughed that hard in awhile!
That night I had all of the friends from high school over to our house. Nate and Mark promptly headed over to the Irish Rover and left us girls with some time to catch up.
Photo with my sister:)
Rachel, Jess and Heather
Drew and Erin
Erin, Paige and I have been friends since the third grade. She lives in Colorado now so I only get to see her about once a year:(
Someone was supposed to be sleeping but didn't want to miss out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...