Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...

I love that song. It is probably one of my favorite Christmas songs that I never get tired of. I love the line: "Through the years, we all will be together....if the fates allow..." That is always the line I think about when every year, for the last 7 or so, Nate and I have gone to our friends house, the Clems, for their annual Christmas party with our college friends.  How sentimental am I, really? But I get all nostalgic when I think of how long we have all been friends. This year was fun as always. Here's some photos of our weekend there:
A few of us met first at Woodford Reserve, a bourbon distillery, to take the tour. Gasp! We did indeed take our 6 month old on a bourbon tour but before anyone panics, it is more like the history of bourbon, old buildings, etc. And I love old buildings....bourbon, not so much. If you live in the Kentucky region, you might want to tour it sometime. Besides, it is surrounded by beautiful bluegrass farms and horses. The drive itself is worth it.
See what I mean? A photo op presented itself in front of an ancient copper pot. And the old brick walls....beautiful.
I have learned that the easiest form of entertainment is to put Drew in the baby carrier and just walk around. Therefore, the bourbon tour was perfect for letting him check out the world for a bit. Plus, he learned about the history of bourbon in Kentucky. What can I say, we like to provide educational opportunities whenever possible.
 Back at the Clems' house that night...Drew got to meet our friends Russ and Jess for the first time. Lindsey gave him his very first Christmas gift which he promptly ate.  She got him a metal sippy cup  and some cute little monkey rattles. I got kind of excited when I saw the cup. See, Lindsey is one of those people who is a fantastic gift giver. When we were shopping together about a month ago, she saw me eyeing a metal sippy cup (which I wanted because Drew throws everything on the floor and it has become obvious we need a cup that can take a beating) and remembered that said I liked it! She's good like that.
Kristy, Jess and me
It's a Christmas miracle! Russ, Nate and Steven are all smiling nicely for the picture!

This is just one of many Christmas celebrations that will be keeping us busy this week. I do love all the gatherings but when all is said and done, I might need a vacation from Christmas, otherwise known as the month of January. Does anything fun happen in January? I don't think it does.  Therefore, Nate and I will be working on the monumental task of finishing the basement. It has walls now! I'll be sure to do some before and after shots but here is a preview of what we've got as of this moment:
It's got a ways to go but we're getting there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

January 4th...

The Herrings said...

This is too funny--Josh and I just took Piper on a tour of the Jack Daniels Distillery! I felt a little odd until we got there and there were about 6 other little kids on our tour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...